Monday, August 9, 2010

6 August 2010 Taj Mahal

The Taj Mahal Hotel is situated at the top of Adderley street in Cape Town, directly opposite the Slave Museum. We received a complimentary weekend in the hotel for two after we did a photo shoot in the hotel in March, and decided to use it on the weekend of my wife's birthday.
WOW
I am not the kind of person who uses words like wow and awesome, but wow, what an awesome weekend. If you, like me, have never stayed in a 5 star hotel, it is one of the things to ad to your Bucket List.
On Friday we dined in the Bombay Brassiere and it was unbelievable. we walked up to Loop Street and partied until the sun came up. I have not been to Loop street night clubs in years and it was a real eye opener. Gone are the days of feeling unsafe in the streets of Cape Town at night. I was shocked to find traffic police on duty directing taxis at 03h00 in the morning.
Saturday was spent lying in bed until 12h00. You cannot really appreciate the value of sleeping till 12 if you do not have children. We walked down st.Georges lane and visited Green Market square before we popped into the museum and had lunch in the Company Gardens.
Dinner was in the Mint Restaurant in the Hotel and I had the best steak that I have ever had in my live ever.
We had a great weekend and we would like to thank the staff of the Taj for their great service.











Please note this is not a paid advertisement.

No comments:

Post a Comment