Tuesday, July 27, 2010

23 July 2010 VanFokKingTasties

I got a new camera this week. After my last post about my camera theft I upset a few people, so if I did I apologise.

I went to the Vanfokkingtasties show at the Van der stel sports grounds in Stellenbosch on Friday. I have not been to a concert in Stellenbosch in years and the atmosphere in the small sports hall was electric. It was hot and damp in inside. My lens immediately fogged up as I entered due to the contrast in atmospheric conditions outside. I had to hold my camera against my body to heat it up to reduce the fogging.

What a fogging show. I saw Fokofpolisiekar in 2008 when they played at the Cobra Rally. This was something different. The guys looked re-energised and hungry again. The close proximity of the crowd fired them up even more. Wynand up to his old antics, and Francios was on Fire.

Heuwels Fantasties worked the crowd into a frenzy with "Pille vir Kerfees" and A King got the students singing along to their favourite tracks.

Van Coke Cartel was amazing. The talent of Mr Van Coke really seems to have no bounds.








No comments:

Post a Comment